TomFolio.com Code of Ethics
All TomFolio.com Booksellers have agreed to abide by the
following Code of Ethics.
Violation of this Code of Ethics may be grounds for censure, suspension, or
- TomFolio.com Booksellers shall carry out business according
to the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are located.
- TomFolio.com Booksellers shall use basic courtesy in
dealing with each other and with the general public.
- TomFolio.com Booksellers shall take responsibility for
building trust and respect between sellers and buyers by
conducting business with fairness and integrity.
- TomFolio.com Booksellers shall be responsible for
accurately describing all materials they offer for sale. All known
defects and/or repairs shall be described.
- TomFolio.com Booksellers shall make reasonable effort
to authenticate any item offered for sale, and shall guarantee
the authenticity of all items as described. Dealers who are made aware
of errors shall make immediate corrections.
- TomFolio.com Booksellers affirm their ability to pass clear
title to the purchaser of any materials they offer for sale.
- TomFolio.com Booksellers shall establish a
fair return policy, which includes a full refund for material if returned
in a timely fashion in the same condition as sent. If
material is returned because it is not as described, dealers shall pay
return postage. If material is as described, dealers have no obligation
to pay return postage.
- TomFolio.com Booksellers shall be responsible in packing
and shipping materials, and shall be responsible for damage caused
by improper packing. Booksellers shall be responsible for items sold
until delivered to purchaser or purchaser's agent.
- TomFolio.com Booksellers shall respond to inquiries, and
update entries, in a timely manner.
- TomFolio.com Booksellers may not add any extra charges
either for insurance, for additional postage and handling, or for
any other services without receiving prior approval from each
purchaser before the sale is completed. A statement in a dealer's
terms or conditions of sale that extra charges may be added is not
- TomFolio.com Booksellers shall state accurately and clearly
terms and conditions of sale in a manner that can be easily
understood by the general public. Terms and conditions of sale may
be modified with the consent of the purchaser.
- Unresolved disputes shall be brought to the Arbitration Committee.
TomFolio.com Booksellers agree to abide by the decision of the Committee.